Executive Director - United Way of Nevada County Lead the local and independently-run United Way of Nevada County (UWNC) non-profit charitable organization to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and decisions formulated by the UWNC Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact Nevada County residents’ access to education, health and financial resources. Prefer college education and/or non-profit experience.
Candidates should have experience in the following areas: leadership, project planning and execution, financial/budget planning, fundraising, and above all, a passion to serve the community members of Nevada County. Salaried position. Benefits negotiable.
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for the professional leadership and management of United Way of Nevada County (“UWNC”), working with the Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers to pursue UWNC’s mission and attainment of its strategic goals according to UWNC’s bylaws, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors. Essential duties and responsibilities include leadership, management, resource development, marketing/communications, and finance/operations. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Board Administration and Support
1. Partner with the Board of Directors to create, support, and implement UWNC strategies, policies and procedures, including bylaws, strategic plans, and community goals.
2. Assist the Board in identifying and recruiting new Board members whose talents, backgrounds, commitment, and interests are congruent with the organization's needs and mission, particularly maintaining and strengthening connections to Nevada County businesses and diverse communities.
1. Strive to meet organizational fundraising goals by researching and identifying funding sources, preparing and submitting proposals, and establishing and implementing strategies to approach and successfully secure the commitment of donors.
2. Research and prepare grant proposals, other funding applications, and all necessary reporting.
1. Lead the United Way of Nevada County (UWNC) to carry out the programs, goals, objectives, policies and decisions formulated by the Board of Directors and its Committees to address and impact Nevada
County residents’ access to education, health and financial resources.
2. effectively execute existing UWNC programs to address residents’ access to education, health and financial resources.
3. Develop and maintain partnerships with provider organizations, other community funders and the business community to further the mission and goals of UWNC.
4. Develop, manage, and effectively involve volunteers to assist United Way of Nevada County in addressing and impacting people's needs in Nevada County as well as the needs of UWNC.
Community and Public Relations
1. Develop and implement continuing communications and marketing programs to bring broad support and understanding of United Way of Nevada County and its mission to the community it serves.
Financial, Tax and Risk Management
1. Ensure that all business and financial affairs of United Way of Nevada County are conducted in accordance with all acceptable standards of business and regulatory agencies at the lowest cost possible, including implementation and maintenance of budgetary controls.
2. Maintain the organization’s fiscal health; ensure the UWNC adheres to a sustainable financial plan based on a Board-approved annual budget; ensure that the actual financial performance positively tracks budget and operating plans; foster and maintain an atmosphere of transparency and accountability in relation to UWNC’s financial goals.
General Operations, Human Resources, and United Way Worldwide Membership
1. Manage the day-to-day operations of UWNC. Maintain a central office and provide effective communication channels via phone, email, and online presence.
2. Manage the organization's human resources according to UWNC’s personnel policies and procedures and ensure that they conform to current laws and regulations.
5. Ensure all operations are in compliance with Federal, State, local, and United Way guidelines.
Bachelor Degree and at least three (3) years of directly related CEO/ED experience; or
Bachelor Degree and at least five (5) years of directly related senior staff level experience; or
A combination of education and experience is equivalent to the qualifications listed above.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and a résumé here or you can also drop your application documents off at: 563 Brunswick Rd, Unit 11, Grass Valley, CA 95945. For questions, please contact Marianne Cartan, United Way Secretary at (530) 913-8227.
United Way of Nevada County
Physical: 202 Providence Mine Rd. Suite 107 Nevada City, CA 95959 ~ Mailing: P.O. Box 2733 Grass Valley, CA 95945
United Way of Nevada County is a 501(c) 3 organization
Tax ID# 68-0007201
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder